Ten Creative Date Ideas
Sep 15, 2012 09:16PM
A Night in Rome Without Leaving Rome
The times have changed, my friends. Gone are the days of dinner and movie dates. Instead of taking your boyfriend or girlfriend to see the latest flick, get creative. Women (and men) need excitement in their lives. Date night doesn’t have to be boring. Aphrodite has created a list of 10 amazing date ideas for you and your beau. With our help, you will never have a boring date again!
1. A Night in Rome Without Leaving Home Decorate your apartment like a restaurant in a foreign country. Make it cheesy but nice. Decorating is easy, cheap, and quick if you go to a craft or dollar store. Then, train a friend. Cook the themed food yourself and have your friend “wait” on you. Your friend can dress up as a server, take your order, and speak in an accent. He or she can buzz off after the food is served. It shows off your cooking skills, your romantic side, your sense of humor, and your creativity.
2. Fun at the Holiday Inn If you and your husband or wife need to get away from the married-with-children life, drop the kids off at Grandma and Grandpa’s and rent a room at an inexpensive hotel. Bring a cooler full of drinks and a bag of snacks you can eat in bed. Throw a slumber party for two. Have dinner in bed and have each other for dessert.
3. Love in the Great Outdoors Make foil dinners and take drinks and s’mores to your favorite hiking/camping spot. Spend the evening skipping rocks and exploring the outdoors before you build a fire and cook your meals. Camp out and kiss under the stars. Roast marshmallows to boot—simple, romantic, and very relaxing. If you two are not the outdoorsy types, head to the planetarium for safer stargazing.
4. Love is Like a Fine Wine Wine and dine at a local winery. Buy a few glasses, or a bottle, and pack a picnic lunch with some nice quality meats, good cheese, fresh fruit, and an appropriate chocolate to accompany the wine (the deeper and redder the wine, the darker and more bitter the chocolate). Sit, snack, drink, and talk about life, dreams, philosophy, and family.
5. Meteor Showers with a Chance of Love During the fall months look online for days when there are going to be meteor showers. Then late at night go pick up your date and bring her somewhere where there is little to no light pollution (a beach or park is usually a good place). Make sure to take a look at the weather because you want it to be a clear night. Bring along a blanket and lay out underneath the stars. It is important to know what area of the sky the shower will be in. Get a book from your local library and learn some of the constellations so while you’re waiting for the shower to start you can point them out to impress your date.
6. Love is in Season During the fall, when fruit is ripe and ready for picking, take your date to a fruit orchard. Bring a blanket and a basket with a chilled bottle of wine. Pick some peaches, apples, or oranges, then lay out somewhere nice and shady and enjoy the fruit of your labor.
7. Dance the Night Away Plan an evening of salsa dance lessons. Enjoy a Spanish wine and feel the heat of the Salsa with your partner.
8. Helping Hands While Holding Hands Volunteer for a worthy cause together. Visit the ill, organize a fundraiser for a non-profit, or work at a shelter. You’ll spend time with each other, but you’ll also make a difference and help others.
9. The Couple That Travels Together Stays Together Act like tourists in your own neighborhood. Go to one of the major sites, take photos, and pretend you’re seeing this place again for the first time.
10. Roller Coaster of Love Go to a theme park and clutch each other on the scary rides. After your roller coaster scare, share some cotton candy, play some games and win your date a prize!
From nights (pretend) nights in Rome to looking at the stars, dates are meant to be exciting. It is all about creativity. Luckily, if you aren’t too creative, Aphrodite is here to help. Take our advice and enjoy a guaranteed thrilling night. Comment below and tell us about your best date night ever!
*All photos courtesy of stock.exchng.