Eye-Deal Summer Makeup
Jul 13, 2012 09:33AM
Written by Mellisa DeangOne of the best ways to make your eyes stand out in the summertime is by using metallic makeup. Here, Aphrodite shows you the best way to get the most out of metallic eye makeup that will be perfect from day to night, taking inspiration right off the runway.
DEWY AND PRETTY
The hottest designers like Louis Vuitton make eyes standout by upping the lash-factor. By keeping the skin simple and light (use a translucent powder on top of your foundation, and finish it off with a blush that is light pink to coral depending on skin tone) with a very minimal lip color (we love dabbing a touch of the same blush you used on your face on top of your lips), the focus shifts up to your eyes.
- Start at the middle of your pupil and follow your top lash line with dark, shimmery kohl towards the corner of your eye with a slight flick at the end.
- Carefully blend up and out with your ring finger.
- Then take a shimmery, yet creamy eye shadow that is two the three shades lighter than your skin tone and line the inner corner of your eye using a medium-sized brush.
- Take a clean angle brush and follow your lower lash line from the inner tear duct to just after the center of your pupil using the same light color.
- Add mascara to both top and bottom lashes, focusing on the outer corners of your top lashes, and build as much as you’d like. For a nighttime look, pop in some false lashes (individuals work best for this look) in the corners of your eyes, and layer more mascara.
BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL
Fendi applied a gold or silver leaf to the entire lid of the eye. While this look is perfect for the runway, it’s obviously too much for everyday life. The most important thing with this look is contrasting a dark liner with a bold metallic color. Here at Aphrodite, we love a light gold color or even a lovely shimmery pink.
- Line the eyes with either black liquid or gel eyeliner.
- With a large blending brush, apply your eye shadow, starting from the lash line, and blend into your crease.
- Add mascara to your top lashes. For a nighttime look, go into the outer corner of your eyes with a darker matte shadow and blend well with a blending brush. Finish off your look with mascara on both your top and bottom lashes.
SIMPLE AND DEFINED
Another great way to incorporate a metallic eye into your look is by using a simple liner paired with a bold lip. You can go classic with a shimmery black eyeliner and a deep red or go playful with a silver liner and a bright magenta. The look is all about a cat eye and a bold lip, which will achieve a good balance. To get the perfect cat eye, start from the middle of your eye and build thickness outward. Then go back into the edge of the tear duct with your liner to finish out the look. We love using an angle brush to achieve this defined look.
[dmalbum path="/wp-content/uploads/dm-albums/Simple and Defined/"/]
With these makeup tips, you will be looking like an Aphrodite woman in no time!